November seems to have gone by in a flash. I was lucky enough to have a few days off work, which resulted in some great restaurant finds!
- Winchester -lovely place for a short break. Beautiful architecture, great museum and lovely shops. Mkre sure you go when the market is on – a lovely mix of stalls.
- River Cottage Kitchen – I love Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s Much More Veg cookbook so took the opportunity to eat at his Winchester restaurant. The food was amazing, although most of the veggie/vegan food options are side dishes. But don’t be disheartened. The portion sizes are good and the variety of choice leaves you wondering what to order, and hoping your meat eating companions will order some of the sides so you can try them.
- Incognito Cocktail Bar – An interesting and quirky cocktail bar, serving a lot of different drinks, with modern twists on your old favourites.
- Kinder Tech – This is a small, local opportunity to have your tech issues answered and fixed for free. Run by volunteers from the people behind The Kinder Living Show, this twice yearly event gives you the chance to find out what is wrong with your tech, possibly get it fixed and find out if it is worth fixing. They will also take your old tech and make sure it is recycled.
- I was lucky enough to attend the Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall. A beautiful, emotional and humbling evening.
- Green People shampoo – the only shampoo I have used that means I don’t need conditioner. My hairdresser is amazed by it and is looking to get it stocked in the salon.