Wow what a month February was. It started with snow, and then a mini heatwave, then cooled back down to near normal temperatures. I think this gave us all a pre-spring lift. So this month I was grateful for:
- Signs of spring – Daffodils, snowdrops and crocuses have brought a lovely splash of colour to brighten up these winter days. The longer daylight hours are also making the walk to and from work much more enjoyable.
- Bel and Dragon – this small chain of hotels and restaurants may not be the cheapest but the venues, food and service are lovely. Not the best veggie menu in the world (very cheese orientated), but still worth it for a treat. I was lucky enough to be taken for a weekend to celebrate my birthday!
- Quiet Time – As you will see from my blogs I have discovered the joy of quiet time and switching off.
- Lentil Dahl – a dish that is very simple to make, full of flavour and perfect to have as a main meal or a light lunch
- Moving Office – my company has moved office to a much more modern, insulated building. My morale has definitely lifted as I now don’t feel cold at work all day, and I have a window to look out of.