March – a month of windy weather and the continuing hope of warmer days to come.
- Gardening – the warmer weather has meant I have been able to get out into the garden and tidy up. I also managed to plant seeds for tomatoes, lettuce, carrots and spring onions. This is way better than last year when I didn’t get anything done until the end of April, and had a rubbish return. So here’s hoping for a bumper crop this year!
- International Women’s Day – I had a great day celebrating with women’s achievements, and reflecting on where work still needs to be done. This was with fellow small business owners and also as part of the SheSays Brighton Festival.
- HeartStart Course. If you have ever wanted to learn some life saving skills, but have been put off by the cost of a first aid course, then sign up for a Heartstart Course. Run by volunteers as part of a British Heart Foundation initiative, this two hour course taught me so much. I now feel confident to deal with a heart attack, a cardiac arrest, choking and bleeding. Check for your local course here
- The Kinder Living Show – A small weekend show highlighting local businesses that have environmentally friendly products for your home and lifestyle. It was great to see so many different products and to talk to the owners and learn more about living a greener life. There was also an are where you could have clothes mended, and electrical items repaired. I hope they run another one next year!
- Coconut Rice Pudding – A lovely vegan pudding full of flavour and comfort!