Another busy September, however this year I managed a week away and came across some lovely things:
- Bel and the Dragon. This is one of my favourite boutique hotel and restaurant chains. On a recent visit to the Windsor branch I was pleasantly surprised by their veggie/vegan range of food. In the past it has always been a bit lacking but now the choice is really good. Not the cheapest place to eat or stay, however for a treat it is definitely work seeking out.
- Windsor Castle – we went here to do the tour. I admit I baulked at the entry price, however once in it was well worth it. A great look at the history of the monarchy. My only slight quibble is that there is not much on our current Royal family.
- I love curry and whilst visiting the NEC we found this great Indian restaurant not far away. Jilabi had the most amazing range of food. The waiter asked us our likes and challenged us to try new things. The food was fresh and tasty, and just kept coming. On top of this it is very reasonably priced. Well worth a visit. Only thing to bear in mind is that when we went they didn’t have an alcohol licence. Not to worry though – there is a Tesco in walking distance!
- Sainsbury’s Avocado Sandwich – In our week off we inevitably ended up buying a quick lunch from a petrol station. The one we went to had a Sainsburys supermarket at it, and I found the most wonderful avocado sandwich. It was such a relief in the endless sea of cheese and egg mayonnaise offerings!
- Beefeater have got a new menu out and I was really impressed by the vegetarian chilli. I am a bit of a purest with my chili and prefer it with kidney beans, however this offering with lentils and beans stood up well.