October was a busy month for me as I was concentrating on setting up a new business offering. This has taken a lot of time and didn’t leave much time for going out and finding new things. Hopefully I will have more to report on next month!
- I did attend The Ethical Consumer conference which was very good. I came away with loads of ideas on how to make my company more ethical and sustainable. Not sure I will be able to convince my directors to take any actions, but I’m working on it.
- Now the days are drawing in we are revisiting the roast dinner on a Sunday. I’d forgotten how much I miss roasted beetroot!
- Had a lovely family meal at The Wheatsheaf, Esher. Good veggie options, including a roast. A very popular pub so if you go do book in advance. The low points are the lack of parking and it gets quite hot and stuffy so wear layers! The food is definitely worth going for though!
- A client meeting that didn’t last as long as I thought it would meant that I could visit Seasons, Forest row. Probably my favourite organic supermarket, which I have been visiting since the late 1990s.
- If you are looking for another great place to eat out tryThe Horse Inn, Hurst. This pub has recently been refurbished and offers a great selection of food, from tapas and bar meals to lovely dinners. The Vegetarian and Vegan menus are well worth a look at. The christmas menu also looked really inviting.